2018 CLTA-TEXAS Local Workshop Grant
Call for Proposals
Purpose: CLTA-TEXAS Local Workshop Grants support professional development for K-16 teachers to improve classroom instruction and student participation.
Eligibility: Current Chinese language teachers, Chinese schools and organizations that have formally affiliated with CLTA-TEXAS are eligible to apply (membership fee paid by 3/2/18).
Amount: The grant amount is up to US$500.
Deadline: Applications may be submitted before March 17th, 2018. The awardee will be notified by March 31st, 2018.
Application Guidelines: Submit a proposal of approximately 300 words (in English and/or Chinese) including the following:
1. Introduction of your organization (mission, history, and structure) or yourself.
2. A detailed description of your proposed professional development workshop/conference.
3. An explanation of the need for your proposed professional development workshop/conference.
4. Expected outcomes (estimate number of attendees, what the attendees will learn/gain from the proposed professional development workshop/conference and the potential impact on the community).
5. Your experience (if any) in organizing professional development workshops/conferences.
6. A line-item budget for the proposed professional development workshop/conference.
Requirements: The awarded teacher/school/organization must complete the proposed workshop by December 31th, 2018, and submit a required activity report with evidence (such as pictures or your activity, flyer or handout of your workshop, etc.) within one month after the proposed activities take place. Pictures and/or handouts need to state that the workshop is supported by CLTA-Texas.
Email the proposal to Ms. Hsiao-Huei Guh at email@example.com with the subject heading “CLTA-TEXAS Local Workshop Grants” by March 17th, 2018.