2018 CLTA-TX Teacher Grants
Call for Proposals
Purpose: CLTA-TX Teacher Grants support professional development for K-16 teachers to improve classroom instruction and student participation.
Eligibility: Current Chinese language teachers that have formally affiliated with CLTA-TX are eligible to apply (membership fee paid by 3/2/18).
Amount: The grant amount is up to US$400 for the proposal you submitted.
Deadlines: Applications may be submitted by March 17, 2018, 11:59pm. Awardees will be notified by March 31, 2018.
Application Guidelines: Submit a proposal of approximately 300 words (in English and/or Chinese) including the following:
1. Introduction of yourself (including current employment and a short essay describing how the proposed professional development will benefit you personally and professionally).
2. A detail description of the professional development workshop/conference that you are attending.
3. An explanation of the need for attending the professional development workshop/conference.
4. Expected outcomes (what do you want to learn/gain from the professional development workshop/conference and the potential impact to the community you will bring back from the professional development workshop/conference, etc.).
5. Any prior experience being the lecturer of any professional development workshops/conferences.
6. A line-item budget for the proposed professional development workshop/conference.
The awarded teacher should complete the proposed professional development workshop/conference by December 31th, 2018, and submit a required activity report with evidence (such as application form of the professional development workshop/conference you apply, the handout of the professional development workshop/conference you attend, the airline ticket of the professional development workshop/conference you are going, etc.) within one month after the proposed activities are concluded.
Need to report/give a presentation at the following year’s CLTA-Texas Annual Conference as part of the obligation/responsibility as the winner. Topic has to be about the workshop/conference that you
attended, and what you have learned from the workshop, etc.
Please email the proposal to Ardon Chang at email@example.com with the subject heading “CLTA-TX Teacher Grants” by March 17, 2018.