2017 CLTA-TX Teacher Grants
Call for Proposals
Purpose: CLTA-TX Teacher Grants support professional development for K-16 teachers to improve classroom instruction and student participation.
Eligibility: Current Chinese language teachers that have formally affiliated with CLTA-TX are eligible to apply (membership fee paid by 3/2/17).
Amount: The grant amount is up to US$400 for the proposal you submitted.
Deadlines: Applications may be submitted before March 17, 2017, 11:59pm. Awardees will be notified by March 31, 2017.
Application Guidelines: Submit a proposal of approximately 300 words (in English and/or Chinese) including the following:
1. Introduction of yourself (including current employment and a short essay describing how the proposed professional development will benefit you personally and professionally).
2. A detail description of the professional development workshop/conference that you are attending.
3. An explanation of the need for attending the professional development workshop/conference.
4. Expected outcomes (what do you want to learn/gain from the professional development workshop/conference and the potential impact to the community you will bring back from the professional development workshop/conference, etc.).
5. Any prior experience being the lecturer of any professional development workshops/conferences.
6. A line-item budget for the proposed professional development workshop/conference.
The awarded teacher should complete the proposed professional development workshop/conference by December 31th, 2017, and submit a required activity report with evidence (such as application form of the professional development workshop/conference you apply, the handout of the professional development workshop/conference you attend, the airline ticket of the professional development workshop/conference you are going, etc.) within one month after the proposed activities are concluded.
Need to report/give a presentation at the following year’s CLTA-Texas Annual Conference as part of the obligation/responsibility as the winner. Topic has to be about the workshop/conference that you
attended, and what you have learned from the workshop, etc.
Please email the proposal to Ardon Chang at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “CLTA-TX Teacher Grants” by March 17, 2017.
CLTA-Texas Teacher Grant 2012
The CLTA-Texas Teacher Grants support K-16 and heritage school Chinese teachers in Texas to receive professional development by attending national/regional conferences, summer institutes, workshops or seminars. Grant funds may be used for fees, travel expenses, books, or other materials that enable applicants to learn subject matter, instructional approaches, and skills. Recipients are expected to share their new learning with their colleagues.
Amount: The grant amount is up to US$500, two grants per year. Eligibility: Applicants must teach the Chinese language at K-16 public/private schools or Heritage Chinese Schools in Texas. Preference will be given to members of CLTA-Texas.
Applications and Notification: The Deadline for 2012 is April 1; awardees will be notified on May 1. Applicants are encouraged to plan ahead and give careful attention to the timeline of your grant. Applications that include activities scheduled prior to the date of notification will not be considered.
Application Guidelines: All applicants are required to submit a Curriculum Vitae (resume) as well as a proposal (500 words) that addresses the following items:
1) Chinese teaching experience and involvement in regional, national or international organizations.
2) The professional development goals that you plan to achieve in attending the Conferences, workshops, seminars or summer institutes
3) What programs/courses are provided in the conference, workshop or seminar? What is the need for such professional development? How does the professional development benefit your teaching and students?
4) Provide a line-item budget for the proposal.
Feedback – Award recipients are required to provide a brief report which makes clear the pedagogic value of the enabled by the grant. The report will appear in our CLTA-TX Newsletter.
Reimbursement: Once you mail the original receipts of your expenses, CLTA-Texas reimburses your up to $500.
Selection Criteria: The goals and budget are clearly defined in the proposal. The proposed professional development is likely to improve classroom instruction and student achievement. The proposed collegial sharing is interactive and effective. Email your proposal and the application form to:
Subject: CLTA-Texas Teacher Grant Application
In the email please include the following, and please also list this information on the cover page of your proposal:
Title of the proposal
Email address Title of the proposal