The Chinese Language Teachers Association of Texas (CLTA – TEXAS) is a non-political, non-profit educational and professional organization to promote teaching and learning of the Chinese language in Texas.
CLTA-TEXAS was founded in 2007 to promote Chinese language learning and teaching in Texas. It is a regional chapter of the national Chinese Language Teachers Association.
The property and affairs of the CLTA-TEXAS are managed by the Board of Directors elected by the whole membership through the mail ballot. Directors serve for two years without compensation. The CLTA-TEXAS should hold an annual member meeting at a time and place to be determined by the Board of Directors.
CLTA-TEXAS holds the annual conference and various workshops in different city focusing on various themes.
CLTA-TEXAS provides the following benefits and services to its members:
- Professional development opportunities such as the annual conference and various workshops on professional development and cultural awareness
- Biyearly newsletter
- Award and grand for Chinese language teachers
- Resourceful network for members
- Updated information from the job market
- News about teaching and learning the Chinese language in Texas
Any person or institution that subscribes to the goals of the CLTA-TEXAS, and pays the appropriate dues may be admitted to Membership.